Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT seeing eye dog for old techs

It doesn't matter to me (anymore) what anyone posts, but in about 15 years
of participating in usenet groups, I think this was only the 3rd instance of
someone complaining about, essentially, not receiving an award for their
menial contribution.

Most conversions can be accomplished with off-the-shelf (or off eBag)
products, from what I've seen over the years.

No.. I like manual metalworking machines, and it's not for income, it's
rec-re-freakin-ation (as the Rcm acronym represents), and as numerous RCMers
have pointed out over the years (including yourself, probably).

Self-mirror indeed, DoN.

--
WB

On 2013-05-01, Wild_Bill wrote:
At least you probably won't forget you mentioned it.

Readers might've been impessed if the rant was posted to an electronics
design group/forum.

These days, people here are convertering older machines to more
modern CNC -- so logic design and prototyping is a reasonable skill to
expect among some of us, at least.

Most anyone has found things that make their life/job/hobby easier, but
most
don't post 'em to a metalworking group, and expect anyone reading it to
express their deep felt gratitude as if you were handing out $100 bills.

You don't convert older CNC machines to newer controllers?

Grip, reality.

Self -- mirror

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564