Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9170 Ignoramus9170 is offline

Default Free!! V-belts

On 2013-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 01 May 2013 20:04:36 -0500, Ignoramus9170
wrote:

I second what ATP said, it can be a blessing in disguise. Sell the
container and its contents to scrappers, you will probably get
$140/ton. Same applies to the dead forklift.

The container..with the belts in it...will get me at most ...$10 for
the container. Those belts are standard V belts..neopreme....you
know..that black rubber stuff? Like tires...there is no cost benefit
for recycling them.

The dead forklift is easily repairable..if one has money. And without
a forklift..Id be even more screwed than I am now.

If it does not work, you do not have a working forklift. Sell it for
scrap and buy a working one later.

I would easily pay $200 for a not too rusted container.

What the hell are you thinking?

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)