Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default seeing eye dog for old techs

On 2013-05-01, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I have two aids I use

Heh... I guess this whole thing has 'gone over the heads' of the group
(et. al.)

[ ... ]

Since I need custom circuitry in every piece of automation I sell, I need
to do this a lot, and having to stop, design, and do isolation milling of
a different board every time I want to evaluate a chip would just be a
stupid waste of my time and my clients' money.

Agreed.

I thought (from all the past bragging) that there were some serious,
component-level designers here. I was clearly wrong about that.

I don't do it nearly as often as you do -- and I mostly use my
old collection of TTL chips in DIP packages when I do -- but ...

And I still use wire-wrap for a lot of things when I do toss
together a circuit.

I really regret trying to pass on what I thought would be a favor.
Please forget I mentioned it.

I appreciate it -- and I kept out of the discussion because I
did not see anything useful I could add. And the number of people who
thought they knew what you are doing/what you need -- and don't is
amazing.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564