Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Most heat resistant counter top?

On Wed, 01 May 2013 19:11:14 -0500, "Pete C." wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
Don Wiss wrote:
It seems that granite is the most heat resistant. Or is there some rare
stone or other material known for its heat resistance? I would think that
the thicker the more resistant. Are there thicker countertop thickness
options?

Maybe the answer is tile? Porcelain or ceramic?

Grout lines - bad, a pain to clean and seal, tile isn't generally flat
so stuff doesn't always sit on them well, and it's also very much out of
style for kitchen counters.

On this page the unglazed porcelain tile comes in 14" squares:
http://www.crossvilleinc.com/contrac...n_stone/empire

That countertop would be 28" x 12-1/4", so only a single grout line. And
only one place for unevenness.

I don't care what is in style. If I did, I wouldn't be installing Designer
White Corian.