Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Free!! V-belts

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I have a steel "pallet box" filled with new old stock v-belts that
needs to go away. Long ones, short ones, A/B/C v-belts of all types
and styles

Got machinery that needs V-belts? Come and get this box for free and
you deal with sorting them out. Take what you dont need to the swap
meet, stockpile em, etc etc. Get em off my hands. The box is 4'x4' x
5' tall and is about 2/3rds full. Probably 2000 lbs of v-belts of all
types. They are about 10 yrs old..but have never been used. Got a
factory/facility that uses belts? Come and get em. Free-Free-Free. You
simply have to take them all.

*****

County is on my ass because of a complaint in 2011...2 yrs
ago..between me and an ex neighbor who thought one of my dogs killed
one of his (it wasnt). He couldnt find anything else to "get me "...so
he complained about that cargo container..which has been there since
2008ish.

Ive got an empty lot beside me that I have permission from the owner
to "if you keep it neat and mowed..you can use the back of it behind
the row of trees in the alley" So I put a 25' cargo container back
there, a small sailboat, a utility trailer and that box of v-belts.
Cannot be seen from the street. Now the county finally got around to
addressing the complaint from 2 yrs ago.

The neighbor has moved away..but the county wants me to remove the
"illegal dumping" and gave me 7 days to do it.

I can probably get them to give me extra time, but Im trying to find
the property owner so I can rent the lot, then put up a fence "to
enclose the property items".

My forklift of course is still broken, sigh.

The cargo container...is going to be a problem. Despite the fact
that there are many others in my neighborhood...and Im in an
unincorporated part of the county....they want it moved. And its full
of machinery that is going to need a forklift to move.

Anybody want a nice heavy duty steel utility trailer with a pickup
cargo body mounted on it? Best offer and come and get it.
The cargo body needs the locks replaced/repaired. and probably a coat
of paint. The original utility trailer was used by NASA to move
batteries of some sort around....I was told.

I need to get that forklift up and running ASAP. Or another
one..damnit

I just got off the phone with the enforcement lady..and she gave me a
little time..but not a hell of a lot. So come and get your belts, buy
the trailer..and get yourself some Good Stuff.

Gunner

It sucks when you're under pressure but it can be a blessing in disguise. I
got rid of a lot of stuff recently and I don't miss any of it. In fact I
should get back to ridding myself of "material surplus to current needs".