Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Muriatic Acid Tidbits.....

On Wed, 01 May 2013 10:52:54 -0400, willshak
wrote:

On 4/28/2013 1:05 PM, micky wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:02:52 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 11:05:17 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03286.htm

As Frank mentioned, muriatic acid off-gases through the plastic. Folks
that store it in a pool pump house or mechanical room that has
equipment will experience the rusting of metal. Same for storage in a
garage. Sometimes I see pool service guys that have rusted beds on
their pick-up trucks.

I place my gallon jugs outside in a 5 gallon bucket with a top on top
without closing it tightly.

For most of my life I bought toilet bowl cleaner i cardboard cylinders
with plastic insert caps. Then I bought more than I needed, and the
last container say under the bathroom sink for years. When I finally
noticed it, the paper was bubbling and the electric heater under the
same sink had pits in the chrome. It was really a shame because it
was the heater my parents bought when I was born, to warm the bathroom
before bathing me. It was in perfect condition before, even the cloth
cord, at age 60 or so. It has an on/off switch operated by
stepping on it. The heater still works fine, and I cleaned the
pitting up a lot with rubbing compound, but it's not the same anymore.

Do they still sell toilet bowl cleaner in cardboard containers?

It's rare to find any liquids sold in cardboard containers anymore.

Ever go into a grocery store?