Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default I need a 8" OD hemispherical tank head, 304/316 stainless and.125" thickness

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:27:11 AM UTC-5, Wild_Bill wrote:
Explosive forming.. think auto-safety airbag, except steel.

Let us know where to go to watch the video.

--

WB

"flometrix" wrote in

message roups.com...

Hi, this is for a prototype project, it will not be welded.

O.D: 8"

Thickness: .125" nominal or something close

Material: 304/316 stainless

Type: Hemispherical Tank Head

Quantity: 2

Does anyone know where I could get this?

Thank you

--

posted from

http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...an-574585-.htm

using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to

rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

I met someone who claimed to have hollowed out a stump....
Laid the metal over the hollow, added a couple pounds of black powder, and then dumped a couple yards of dirt over the top to give it some back pressure.
Touched it off, and formed a nice tank head.

Of course it was quite a one-up-manship fest at Bonneville.....