Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wet Vac

On Apr 30, 4:06*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I was checking for a video that shows the inside of the filter. *Mine
seems to be degrading inside. *I have only cleaned it once, today. *It
really doesn't have to much hard use. *I have used it for a wet vac a
few times, but it is mostly used for cleaning out cars.

Anyway..........this video shows a guy giving a demo of cleaning the
filter. *He used air. *My compressor died so I took the shower head
off in the basement shower and used a water stream to clean mine.
Looking at the video, air would have done the job much faster. *It
took a really long time using water.

Anyway................This guy does a demo of how to clean the filter,
and then he replaces it with a new one. *Wonder what he is going to do
with the filter he cleaned? * )

I don't see a link to a video, so can't see it. But
my filter element is paper and I've never used water
to clean it. If it gets dirty, I just take it out and bang
it on the side of a tree to get most of the dirt off.
Could also use an air compressor. And if I'm working
with anything that involves sucking up actual water,
I remove the filter.