Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Kaatz[_2_] Bruce Kaatz[_2_] is offline

Default Pocket Hole Screws

Did it Lew.

I sent them a message from their support site last night and mentioned
a couple of strings that have appeared here on rec.woodworking
recently. Your earlier comments inspired me. I also come from a
business development / support background. Hearing folks call your
baby ugly isn't pleasant but good companies often respond with change.

The odd thing is their site still shows the old screws. The plated
ones I got came from Amazon, in a Kreg box. Oh-oh ...... I'm starting
to sound like a conspiracy theorist. Counterfeit screws?!?!?!

RonB

Thanks for sending them your message. Maybe Kreg will take the issue
seriously if they hear the same problem from enough folks that actually
use the product. Sounds like the good "bronze" screws are the last of
the old stock, if you can find them. I think I was more impressed with
the screws than the Kreg jig when I first saw Craig Sommerfeld demo the
Kig at a wood working show in the late 80's. Oh for a good "bronze"
Kreg screw.
Bruce