Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default I need a 8" OD hemispherical tank head, 304/316 stainless and .125" thickness

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:05:32 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:18:02 +0000, flometrix
wrote:

Hi, this is for a prototype project, it will not be welded.

O.D: 8"
Thickness: .125" nominal or something close
Material: 304/316 stainless
Type: Hemispherical Tank Head
Quantity: 2

Does anyone know where I could get this?

Thank you

A hemispherical tank head that small would be pretty unusual.

Isn't that size pretty much the size of standard air brake tanks on
trucks?

Probably in the right size range, but I think it's unlikely the heads
are hemispherical. I'm taking the OP at his word that what he needs is
hemispherical and not the more common ASME elliptical heads.

--
Ned Simmons