Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan[_2_] Moe DeLoughan[_2_] is offline

Default OT - ETQ Generator starting concerns

On 4/30/2013 12:10 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:

If you look around you can find statiosn that sell gas without the
ethanol in it. I have started using it in the small engines and can
tell a lot of differance in the way they run. Before my 5 kw
generator engine speed would hunt around and not stay stable without
a load on it. Now that I have switched, it stays smooth. I also use
the Sta-bil in the gas all the time. I have a garden tiller that I
used about this time last year and put it in storage. I don't know
how much gas was left in it, but put about 1/4 of a tank of gas in it
and it started and ran just fine.

Easiest way is to buy your gas at a FBO's (Fixed Base Operator) facility.
FBO's service small aircraft. AvGas is 100 Octane with no additives. Almost
the same thing is available at a marine docking facility.

A partial list of stations selling ethanol-free gas in the US and
Canada can be viewed he

http://pure-gas.org

You can also check the websites of car and motorcycle clubs. The
street rodders and the like often maintain lists online as a
convenience for their members (and the rest of the world, too).