Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Don't buy locks from a storage locker company

On 4/30/2013 10:59 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:30:30 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

let this be a lesson to you, if you're going to rent a storage
locker, BYOP (Bring Your Own Padlock)

I had a storage unit one time. Put my biggest Master lock on it. Went
to the storage one day, found bolt-cutter jaw marks on the lock.
shackle.

Turns out the bolt-cutters must have been small (18-24" and not the
big one, like 48"?

Most all locks in other units had been cut off, items stolen.

Big Master Lock = 1
Bolt Cutter = 0

You can thank the TV show "Storage Wars" for that.
Showing all the "fortunes" found in the lockers.
Yes,I know that the show is 'scripted' like most, if not all, other
'reality' shows, but Storage Wars goes a little further.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...8#.UYAMsUpRxb8

or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/d86cdzp
--
Bill