Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(

bob haller wrote:

I have used my dogs ear medicine, it works better than the human ear
meds to fix ear infections....

You'd be surprised at how effective pet meds can be on humans. Two that come
to mind are Ampicillin (for fish), and Lactulose 10/15 (for kitties).

The latter (human dosage is 5ml) is a stool softener used to treat
constipation. How it works is very interesting.

Lactulose is a sugar that cannot be digested by the human system. The
bacteria in the large intestine, however, LOVE the stuff and eat it like
crazy! In so doing, these bacteria call on the body for more water. More,
more, more, they shout. Your body responds by flooding (well, almost) the
large intestine with fluid thereby softening the stool and helping to
relieve your constipation.

Lactulose is sold OTC in Europe and most of the world, but requires a
prescription in the US. Go figure.