Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT - Daily Mail Eco ******** - "Big brother to switch off your fridge"

On 29 Apr 2013 12:56:54 GMT, Terry Fields wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:55:31 +0100, The Other Mike wrote:

"It will have no material impact on the operation of fridges and freezers switching will be for a few seconds and
only occasionally"

So switching a running fridge pot is 'harmless'? Off is OK but if the pot
has been running for some time, so that the pressure in it it high and is
then turned off for a minute or two and then back on, it's starting on load.
If I need to turn off my freezer I always try to do it when the pot isn't
running. If there's a supply fault that's on-off, the freezer then any
computery things are first to be switched off. Lights and heaters are OK to
greater or lesser extent (oh dear, blown a CFL, what a pity).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away