Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Pocket Hole Screws

On Monday, April 29, 2013 10:39:46 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"RonB" wrote:

I am surprised Kreg said that because the new ones are very

different. I have probably driven 1,500 of the original screws in

both fine and coarse thread over the past 5-6 years. I never broke

one or stripped a head; and I had very few with defective

square-drive recesses (five or six at most). In addition to pocket

holes I use quite a few for general utility screws.

I am about 100 into a box of 1,000 of the new screws and I have

stripped a couple of the new heads and popped the heads off of a

couple. They are different.

You need to communicate your problem to Kreg so they can investigate.

As a marketing/sales kind of guy, I'd certainly want to know.

You can't fix it if you don't know it's broke.

Lew

Did it Lew.

I sent them a message from their support site last night and mentioned a couple of strings that have appeared here on rec.woodworking recently. Your earlier comments inspired me. I also come from a business development / support background. Hearing folks call your baby ugly isn't pleasant but good companies often respond with change.

The odd thing is their site still shows the old screws. The plated ones I got came from Amazon, in a Kreg box. Oh-oh ...... I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist. Counterfeit screws?!?!?!

RonB