Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Overuse of machine tools?

wrote:
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:30:09 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"
workbox and a few of his tools -- brace, bits, handsaw and a
few odds and ends. I have profound respect for all who can
turn a tree into something beautiful without electricity. I'm
never going to get there, but I'm hoping to take a few steps
down that path.

You need to think about your woodworking a little differently. A
hundred years from now, your relatives will be speaking to a computer
telling it what they want built. They will wonder how *you* built
stuff using sharp blades attached to electrically driven machines.

Or they may be huddling in a cave hacking out furniture with an axe.

--
 GW Ross

 An unemployed court jester is no
 one's fool.