Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pocket Hole Screws

"RonB" wrote:

I am surprised Kreg said that because the new ones are very
different. I have probably driven 1,500 of the original screws in
both fine and coarse thread over the past 5-6 years. I never broke
one or stripped a head; and I had very few with defective
square-drive recesses (five or six at most). In addition to pocket
holes I use quite a few for general utility screws.

I am about 100 into a box of 1,000 of the new screws and I have
stripped a couple of the new heads and popped the heads off of a
couple. They are different.
You need to communicate your problem to Kreg so they can investigate.

As a marketing/sales kind of guy, I'd certainly want to know.

You can't fix it if you don't know it's broke.

Lew