Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How do I fix this basement leak?

think interior french drain with sump pump. then try to seal the hole

* Overthinking it again *- as usual. No problem keeping THAT water out
- just keep the water level below the level of the wood.

Yeah. Interior french drain? Why not an exterior french drain?

I'd dig the grade down and install a french drain if needed.

its far harder to install a exterior french drain. since the drain
must be below the footer, to say nothing of sidewalks steps AC units
plants etc that must be moved to install the exterior french drain,
and then what do you do with the water?

I spent nearly 9 grand doing the exterior one, that ended the water
coming from the walls but within months it came burgling up from the
basement floor

3500 bucks for interoir drain and sump pump cured the problem.....