Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Daily Mail Eco ******** - "Big brother to switch off your fridge"

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:43:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

More of a concern is the ?rumour? that the EU wants to impose an annual
kWhr limit, far below the typical 8-10 units per day people use
(ignoring storage heaters, electric chair for the wife / kids / bank
staff).

COUGH People can use that little a day? We sit at around 20 units/day
but then we aren't wage slaves so normally "in" so the daytime base load
is about 1 kW, compared to the 300 W overnight norm. Still that only
accounts for about five units of the twenty.

--
Cheers
Dave.