Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12769 Ignoramus12769 is offline

Default NewsMax scams

On 2013-04-29, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus11949" wrote in
message ...

I find the sheer volume of all this false advertising to be
extremely
annoying. But additionally, I wonder if they place those ads in
conservative magazines because conservaties are particularly
gullible. In other words, if snake oil is advertised in a
"conservative" publication, then conservatives buy it uncritically?
WTF?

I think they may be targeting the elderly instead of conservatives in
general. Look at periodicals aimed at typically younger outdoorsmen.
The alternate-energy material I read leans toward the feel-good left
and is also filled with scams aimed at wishful readers who lack a
scientific education.

We grew up learning to evaluate and ignore commercial propaganda just
as you did the government's. I saw yours first-hand in the "Soviet
Life" magazine I subscribed to.

jsw

Yes, maybe it is indeed an elderly scam. Who else is so worried about
their savings. What those promoters recommended when the book was
published 4 years ago or so, was to sell all stocks and real estate
and to "invest" in long term put options on stocks.

The book is available for free at

http://joomlaserverhost.com/misctrad...Me ltdown.pdf

They also offer an array of paid "services" to help their clients part
with their money.

I agree that plenty of people are naturally resistant to such scams,
but I am also sure that the promoters would not fund advertising if it
did not bring them additional incremental profit.