Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alvinj@Example.com is offline

Default Drill 1/16th inch hole through 8mm stainless steel rod?

Richard wrote:
Yeah. One of my old quotes,
"aluminum will cut you, but steel will make you bleed"...

Never heard that before.

I'm old, I take 81mg Aspirin, I get cut or scratched, I bleed. xD

Was "hand" drilling vehicle leaf springs with a ~7/16" drill bit
and making up to three foot coils of -spring- steel, it was cool!

I deeply countersunk the holes, hammered down a steel rod peening
it out until the hole and countersinks were completely filled.

Made the leaf spring clamps from 3" square tubing...

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/clamp.jpg

Double nutted the 3/8" bolt and that's 3/8" fuel hose.
Wow, that was 11 years ago and they still look like new.

Alvin in AZ