Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Good bang/buck cordless drill?

Per Ralph Mowery:
I would go with the Dewalt drills. I got one like this on sale for $ 100 a
few years ago. When I was working we had a lot of them and they seemed to
work very well.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/18V-...ver-Kit/T22352

I went with Home Depot's "Ryobi" homeowner's house brand.

When one of two Li batteries failed (same purchase date, same use) and
Home Depot didn't want to hear about it, I started thinking I should
have gone with DeWalt - or at least with the HD commercial house brand
("Rigid"?).

OTOH, out-of-pocket for the replacement battery was about ninety bucks.
Assuming that the failure was enough of an anomaly that I won't see
another one, the decision would become whether the total additional cost
of the higher-quality implements minus whatever they would have made
good on the failure would have exceeded the replacement cost of the
battery... (my scenario being occasional, not continuous use)
--
Pete Cresswell