Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default how to get rid of a guy wire blocking my access to my backyard

"ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am planning on turning my backyard into a parking pad as parking in the
city has become really difficult. The problem is there is a guy wire that
is blocking access to my yard. How do I get rid of it. The electrical
company came for inspection and said that it is not their. It is either
owned by Verizon or Comcast. Called these two companies but have no idea
where to point me to. What should I do?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ya-746493-.htm

1. You don't talk to the customer service staff that answers the phone, you
go for the construction or engineering department.
2. They get requests all the time to move poles and guy wires when
construction projects are started, but it is normal for the requester to pay
for the change.
3. Most cities charge a tax on each pole, unless they own it, they should be
able to identify the owner, who they tax.
4. If you check with your local city/town you may find that you need a
permit for the parking pad, also for access to the street/laneway, without a
permit the pole owner may not want to make any changes.
5. The pole can be moved or the guy wire reconfigured to allow access if you
can convince or pay them to do it.