Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Do you have better ideas for outdoor work gloves?

"Danny D." wrote in message ...

Do you have an idea for a more durable leather work glove
that protects the entire hand and wrist than what I've
come up with over the past year or two?

The best I can find are these three types of gloves:

1. For working outside, the best I can find are the TIG
welder's gloves. They protect well, but they don't last
long - so the goal is something more durable that doesn't
cost much more (they're about $18 or so per pair).

2. For most chemical jobs, I use the Costco nitrile gloves
by the boxfull (since they're single-use only).

3. For the easy jobs in between those two, I use the Costco
set of rubberized cloth gloves (but they are also single
use only as they're destroyed within minutes in most cases).

The nitrile and rubber-coated gloves work fine for the easy
jobs - but the tough outside jobs are wearing holes in my
skin because the leather gloves are torn within a few
weekends.

I've learned NOT to buy any glove with a seam across the
palm; nor any with thin leather at any location (and to
get extra thickness of leather in the palms) - but even
then they're worn out too soon.

If you have better ideas for more durable outdoor work
glove that also protects well, that would be very useful
advice indeed!

Check and see what the rodeo riders use. They must be durable to withstand
the ropes. WW