Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_9_] Danny D.[_9_] is offline

Default Update on cleaning 3 more toilets of brown streaks using HCl(pool acid)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:28:24 -0400 dadiOH wrote:

I don't think you should be messing with acid.
Scooping it with bare hands?

What I'll say, from experience, is that you 'can'
touch the acid - but that you shouldn't.

It won't hurt too badly - at least not in the
beginning - but it's just not worth it since
nitrile gloves protect your skin rather well.

At least I know what I'm talking about when I
say this.

And do not drop sodium metal in water either.
Do not cut the sodium metal with a butter knife,
and then lift the shiny chunk out of the kerosene
and drop it in a pan of cold water. Immediately, it
will spin around around sizzling away until, all of
a sudden, BAM! It will explode and shoot tiny particles
of burning sodium in all directions.

(Ask me how I know this.)