Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default NewsMax scams

On 4/29/2013 11:14 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Now for my plug for a non bogus book I recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/987..._ya_os_product

Is it worth the $25? Or was his get-rich-quick scheme to write a book
and charge a lot for it?g

I think it is, since it's in depth coverage of the Argentine economic
collapse and the ongoing results of that collapse, something the media
hasn't covered. The collapse was 2001 and here we are in 2013 and there
has been *no* recovery in Argentina, more than half the population is
below the poverty line, etc. The rumblings over the Falkland islands
recently had nothing to do with the islands, but rather were an attempt
by the Argentine government to distract the populace from the total
failure to rebuild the economy. It's important stuff to understand since
there are strong signs the same is headed our way (Greece, Spain,
Cypress, etc.). If anything Argentina shows how recovery will not be
remotely quick.

Time Business and Money April 5, 2013

As the recent crisis in Cyprus demonstrates, a minor dislocation can
become a threat to the entire global financial system overnight.

The U.S. is deeply troubled too. Deficits remain enormous, and the
checks and balances of the political system have turned into a logjam.

In a new book, David Stockman, President Ronald Reagan’s budget
director, chronicles the relentless downward spiral of America’s
political and financial systems. He concludes: “The future is bleak …
When the latest bubble pops, there will be nothing to stop the
collapse.”

http://business.time.com/2013/04/05/is-the-global-economy-slowly-falling-apart/