Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Daily Mail Eco ******** - "Big brother to switch off yourfridge"

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , The Other Mike
writes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-fridge-Power-
giants-make-millions--pay-sinister-technology.html

Yeah, I read that in the pub yesterday (buggered if I'm paying for the
Mail, and I washed my hands after). Typical Daily Heil scaremongering
crap.

No worries, it won't add £40 to the price of appliances, and it will be
very easy to circumvent. It will be like the little modules hidden under
the rim of the wheeliebins. Very easy to remove. First time it causes a
problem there will be a nice market in fridge debugging.

Amusing to think that those with windmills will have their blades
whizzing round like buggery when the wind blows but their fridges will
still go off.

Bill