Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Ferrules and stops for wire rope

On Apr 29, 12:22*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Don't know about the rest of the readers, but I don't yet have a mental picture. Ferrules are for compression fittings for plumbing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
."gary" wrote in ...

To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops.

I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?

Most ferrules and stops are fitted by compression tools.

The purpose of stops is to prevent wire rope ends from fraying.
They usually have a blind hole and are shorter than a ferrule.
Ferrules usually have to be nipped twice, stop ends just once.