Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to get rid of a guy wire blocking my access to my backyard

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:45:02 +0000, ray
wrote:

I am planning on turning my backyard into a parking pad as parking in the
city has become really difficult. The problem is there is a guy wire that
is blocking access to my yard. How do I get rid of it. The electrical
company came for inspection and said that it is not their. It is either
owned by Verizon or Comcast. Called these two companies but have no idea
where to point me to. What should I do?

What is it holding up? It should be fairly easy to track down who
owns the pole, or whatever. If they don't claim it, they probably
will, rather quickly, if it comes down. ;-)