Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default NewsMax scams

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 05:49:11 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 4/28/2013 5:17 PM, Ignoramus11949 wrote:
Whenb I browse the web to read news, I often see paid advertisements
that are disguised as news links (example "Why Billionaires are
dumping their stocks").

Those often lead to NewsMax, and feature very scripted, uncritical
infomercials, disguised as interviews. Those infomercials sell bogus
financial books (such as "Aftershock") and subscriptions.

Any half sane person any decline to pay any money for any of those
books and services, just because of the way they are dishonestly
advertised. And yet, advertising continues unabated, no doubt because
it actually works.

I find the sheer volume of all this false advertising to be extremely
annoying. But additionally, I wonder if they place those ads in
conservative magazines because conservaties are particularly
gullible. In other words, if snake oil is advertised in a
"conservative" publication, then conservatives buy it uncritically?

WTF?

There aren't all that many sane people around any more, Ig.

I'm not sure that there ever were.... Just that the Internet makes it
so apparent :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.