Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Update on cleaning 3 more toilets of brown streaks using HCl(pool acid)

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:51:54 PM UTC-6, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:01:47 -0700 Roy wrote:

After reading your posts, I have come to a conclusion...

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Anyone who has had ANY education would not put their hands

in strong acid.

It's not too bad at first - but then it starts itching more

much later.

Anyone who would inhale the fumes of a strong acid IS AN IDIOT.

It hurts more in the beginning - then it just becomes a dull ache,

sort of what it's like when you get over the flu.

Anyone who would allow you to clean their toilet and screw up their

toilet, bathroom and decor IS AN IDIOT.

Applying baking soda pretty much prevented the stone from being

visibly damaged.

A milder acid such as OXALIC ACID or FORMIC ACID would clean up those

iron and calcium stains just as well without the extreme danger.

Now you tell us!

Where were you in the scores of prior conversations?

A commercial product called IRON-OUT will work fine as well. The company puts out a number of other products as well. All of our grocery stores up here carry
this product and most hardware stores as well. Just Google for it.
I did mention that earlier in the month.

I have nothing against you personally, but I hate to see people taking
avoidable risks with their health. Lung damage is not a minor thing.