Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Unsticking aluminum tubes

On Apr 28, 11:48*am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
I need to lengthen a solar blanket roller, to reuse it on a
larger swimming pool. * The roller is two aluminum tubes, about
4" diameter, end to end, linked by a third tube inside, ridged so
that it touches the enclosing tubes at about 8 points. * How to
extend this telescopic tube sysem? * Hammering on the inner tube
(reached by a crowbar) earns me half an inch a time, but I am
apprehensive about building up a burr on the aluminum, that
would jam the tube permanently.

Is there any useful trick to unstick telescopic tubing?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

chill the smallet diameter tube and heat the outer tube should loosen
them up somewhat. How much is the overlap, inches or feet or yards or
what?