Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default How hear doorbell out in garden?

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:35:05 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:58:46 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:21:09 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:49:15 PM UTC-7, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
In article
,

Higgs Boson wrote:

I have ruined several phones by taking them out while doing yard
work
and

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something
attached

the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my
office
with
the

door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

The front door bell rings -- is installed -- above the door
frame
just
inside

the kitchen door.

What does this non-techie have to do? Run a wire from the box
in
the
kitchen

all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I
install a
second

doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front
door,

wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

TIA for any help.

HB

What does forgetting phones have to do with doorbells?

You're right; I stupidly conflated two problems.

One was: Can't hear doorbell in garden (or office w/door shut.

The other was: Can't hear phone in garden; took phones outside;
forgot
bring them in; they got wet; ruined

So I really need two separate solutions, unless some genius on the
NG
can
solve both at once g.

Doorbell, thanks for suggestions, some almost within my range of
competence. I will check them out, and will also post on the alarm
site
someone mentioned.

Phone, I once heard there was some kind of flashing light avec
sound
that
could be run from the phone to outside.

So now that I have untangled door bell from phone, I would welcome
new
input.

TIA

HB

I carry my cell phone in my pocket, even when in the back yard. Seems
like in this wonderful world of technology, someone should have a
doorbell "app" that would dial your phone

Why not? My garage door opener has an app that calls, sends a text,
or email when the garage door is opened. I have no idea why someone
would want such a thing, but it's in there.

ground shakes a limbaughnista agreeing with me?

Agreed? The idiot lefty insists on remaining an idiot lefty.

typical limbaughnista turning yourself into an idiot lefty

That is about the *dumbest* thing you've ever said, on so many levels.
It's hard to believe that your could top yourself, but you have.
Really amazing.

And yet you keep trying. Typical limbaughnista tactic to deny, deny,
deny and then blame, blame, blame