Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How do I fix this basement leak?

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:26:30 -0400, "Chomper"
wrote:

Ok, when I saw the first pictures, I thought you had a basement below the
patio door. Either way, your grading must be properly graded before you
attempt to fix any rot.

Looking at the newer pictures you posted, especially the one capturing
looking towards the home. It appears you have plenty of fall to the left of
the structure, if properly graded. No doubt you would want to get the area
"OOPS'd" before doing any digging,

It's interesting the different terms used in different parts of the
country. I presume this is what in Maryland is called Miss Utility.
I heard a third name here once. To the OP, they come, for free, and
mark where the wires and pipes that provide things for your home are,
so you don't break them when you dig.

and there is no doubt too much material
to move manually. In other words, someone with experience (landscaping,
excavating, etc) to do the work with a skidsteer.

No structure material should touch any earth or mulch except concrete.
Termite shields should also be in place as required by your code. Be sure
to leave the 4" or 6" or whatever _your_ code requires between building
materials & grading. Your local building department will gladly answer all
questions regarding your project, I can assure you that.