Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Smart Meters

On Apr 28, 3:37*pm, polygonum wrote:
On 28/04/2013 13:24, Huge wrote:

On 2013-04-28, polygonum wrote:
On 27/04/2013 23:02, SteveW wrote:
On 24/04/2013 14:18, Java Jive wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:09:41 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

He snatched the school milk from secondary school pupils

True, but we all know who removed it for even younger children.

Ignoring the fact that the Treasury forced the Education Department to
cut the supply of free milk and M.T. stood up in parliament to fight
against it!

SteveW

Lots of politicians stand up in Parliament (or wherever else) to "fight"
against something purely to accumulate the image of having fought whilst
actually agreeing with the policy.

(I have not gone to the archives to find out exactly what she said, etc.)

That makes you a bigot in my book.

Fine.

But you in no way explained how she fought. And my comment was and is
applicable to many politicians - most especially where they might wish
to placate some people (e.g. their own constituents) though actually
agree with a policy.

--
Rod

Most politicians are talentless attention seekers.