Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default How hear doorbell out in garden?

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:58:46 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:21:09 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:49:15 PM UTC-7, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,

Higgs Boson wrote:

I have ruined several phones by taking them out while doing yard
work
and

forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something
attached

the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office
with
the

door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

The front door bell rings -- is installed -- above the door frame
just
inside

the kitchen door.

What does this non-techie have to do? Run a wire from the box in
the
kitchen

all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a
second

doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front
door,

wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

TIA for any help.

HB

What does forgetting phones have to do with doorbells?

You're right; I stupidly conflated two problems.

One was: Can't hear doorbell in garden (or office w/door shut.

The other was: Can't hear phone in garden; took phones outside; forgot
bring them in; they got wet; ruined

So I really need two separate solutions, unless some genius on the NG
can
solve both at once g.

Doorbell, thanks for suggestions, some almost within my range of
competence. I will check them out, and will also post on the alarm
site
someone mentioned.

Phone, I once heard there was some kind of flashing light avec
sound
that
could be run from the phone to outside.

So now that I have untangled door bell from phone, I would welcome new
input.

TIA

HB

I carry my cell phone in my pocket, even when in the back yard. Seems
like in this wonderful world of technology, someone should have a
doorbell "app" that would dial your phone

Why not? My garage door opener has an app that calls, sends a text,
or email when the garage door is opened. I have no idea why someone
would want such a thing, but it's in there.

ground shakes a limbaughnista agreeing with me?

Agreed? The idiot lefty insists on remaining an idiot lefty.

typical limbaughnista turning yourself into an idiot lefty