Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Who renovates reel to reel tape decks in the UK these days?

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Oh I know 1/4" tape could give excellent results. Sadly, too many
worried about the cost of tape so used slow speeds - and 1/4 track. And
didn't have much of an idea about how to use a microphone - which in
any case was often poor in itself.

High speed REVOX full track what else, and IIRC a couple of Neumann's or
AKG Capacitors in a simple crossed pair...

Full track Revox? Never seen one of those...;-)

Snag is quite a lot of the stuff I've had to transfer has been recorded
using the supplied mic with the recorder. Usually crystal or cheap moving
coil. Level set on a magic eye. You get the picture?

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.