Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Dish TV

On Apr 27, 3:14*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:55:47 -0400, Frank

wrote:
I don't think Verizon service has ever been very good. *I was having
repeated problems with their old copper lines and sometimes it would
take a week to fix. *Don't think service is better with FIOS. *I've got
a generator so the FIOS line and battery put in to replace the copper
would not be a problem. *Comcast service is somewhat better and
apparently less problem to get initial offers reinstated when they expire.

I think that is just aging infrastructure and no incentive to fix it.
When Sprint was providing dial tone here they did an extensive build
out with fiber a backbone in the ground and buried new copper to the
Dmark at the house. Our POTS is rock solid now and it is Comcast that
is the one that is down all the time. I ditched cable years ago for
Dish and DSL but my wife still has it at the club and it still sucks.

I had FIOS, for phone and internet TV hadnt rolled out yet. Phone
had troubles that took 3 months to fix, finally traced to a bad router
at their central office, the back up battery failed at 3 monts old,
they wanted me to pay for a new battery.. I refused and finally got a
new one, topok 2 weeks of their box alarming . in a new fios served
area the calls, salespeople visits at dinner time and junk mail
approaches harrasement. I was under contract and they said its against
company policy to let you out even if the service doesnt work......
when my contract was up I dropped fios and moved my remaining lines
back to copper. sent them registered letters to quit calling me to
sell me anything......

it was peaceful for awhile and the calls started again so I dropped my
business line outgoing call package. the idiots cancelled my business
line twice..

So I dropped everything verizon and had a lawyer send them a letter to
never contact me again...

When the calls and sales visits started again, I called and complained
loudly to have all the fios stuff and copper removed, or I would cut
it down myself.

They dragged their feet but did finally remove it, the tech said
others were having theirs removed too.

the verizon road techs were great but their office staff sucks, are
unfriendly and abusive....

verizon wired is shrinking bad one day they will sell off the rest of
the the wired side.....

a geat example of rotten service, be on the phone with a rep, at 5pm
the phones automatically get shut off.......