Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finally an alternative to incandescents?

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 07:46:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 00:40:05 -0400, wrote:

I have a kitchen under counter fixture that has been on for the 32
years we've lived here. Actually, I'm on the third, maybe fourth
fixture. It is a Lights of America fluorescent that is cheaper to
replace than just buying a new bulb.

What a horrible waste of electricity. You should be taken out and
flogged by a Greenie.

There are 8760 hours in a year and these things last a few years.
There may be an LED in the future for that location.

Perhaps. A switch would be more effective, though.

It has a switch, we don't use it though. I want to be able to walk
into the kitchen at any time and be able to get a drink of water or
whatever. Plenty of light to start the coffee or tea in the morning.
Casts enough light to find the bathroom door, the top of the stairs.
too.

What a waste. I flick the light on when I walk into the kitchen. They
put them by the door for a reason. LED nightlights in the hall take
care of the rest.

I also have an LED nightlight in the bathroom. Gives enough light
that you can use the bathroom during the night and not have to turn a
light on. Only had it about 6 months so I'm not sure how long it will
last.

I have a few around the house. They use a lot less energy than your
wasteful habits.