Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default A simple way to Tri-cut the butt of a drill bit?

I don't recall if the shop class teachers of the '60s taught this, but I do
remember a tool salesman telling me this about 1980.
I thought he may have been making excuses for his tools, but it does reduce
drill slippage to almost nonexistent (even moreso now with lower quality
chucks being abundant).

--
WB

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 04/27/2013 12:53 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:

A good practice is to tighten a chuck with a chuck key at all 3
positions to get the best holding power of the chuck.

I can't remember where I discovered this (probably in this group), but it
is invaluable when running larger bits. You'd think it would be something
the manuals would want to include.

Jon