Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default How hear doorbell out in garden?

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:04:56 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
I have ruined several phones by taking them out while doing yard work and forgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back. Even in my office with the door closed I can't hear the doorbell.

The front door bell rings -- is installed -- above the door frame just inside the kitchen door.

What does this non-techie have to do? Run a wire from the box in the kitchen all through the house? Is there a better way? Or can I install a second doorbell that rings in back? This would look funny by the front door, wouldn't it? Naive questions from a naive homeowner.

TIA for any help.

HB