Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finally an alternative to incandescents?

The only LED I got were two or five watts, from Ebay. Didn't like the color spread. I use one of the two watt floods, with a desk lamp. Shine it on the ceiling of my bathroom. It replaces two eaches 7 watt filament bulbs. I'm saving enough on my electric to... not much.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Nate Nagel"
wrote in message ...

I'm still happy with my new LED "bulbs." I like old incandescents. (in
fact, I saw on the shelf at the Orange Colored Store, which I stopped at
last night to buy a socket extender, some incandescent bulbs with
vintage-styled envelopes and filament configurations. Was tempted to
grab a couple, but don't know what I would do with them.) But before
you think I'm a fluorescent hater, I still have an old Dazor desk lamp
with some full-spectrum tubes in it that I still use as, well, a desk
lamp... That old magnetic ballast is kind of loud, but because I'm a
sucker for vintage and it's a heavy, quality-made piece, I keep it
around. When it dies (if it does before I do) I'll look into
retrofitting an electronic ballast and reworking the switch appropriately...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel