Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finally an alternative to incandescents?

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:40:22 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:41:47 -0400, wrote:

THe only place I have CFLs is in the unfinished basement, where
1) I don't care what how the light looks.

In an unfinished basement, unfinished light works best.

2) I don't care about the absurdly long warm-up. Much.

The last CFLs I bought have no warm-up time at all that I can see.
Bought in the last year.

I bought the house a year ago and bought the CFLs after that. They
all have the warm-up problem. It's a real PITA in the Winter.

3) The lights may stay on for more than an hour a day so there might
be some energy to save.
4) Haven't gotten the T8s wired in yet.