Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Finally an alternative to incandescents?

On 04/26/2013 05:07 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
We rightards are only reflecting on what
your Lib/Dems are doing to the country.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"Bob F" wrote in message ...
You can thank the democrats for today's clam-shell packaging. You
see, lazy Democrats are used to free government handouts like free
cell phones, free housing and of course the WIC program. But the
government has failed them a bit. There is no free light bulb
program so the lazy democraps have to go to Lowes Depot and steal
them.

LOL! It's hard to believe how wacko the rightards have gotten.

Less than a day, and a thread about light bulbs has gone to the usual
polarizing political comments... guess I should have expected that.

I'm still happy with my new LED "bulbs." I like old incandescents. (in
fact, I saw on the shelf at the Orange Colored Store, which I stopped at
last night to buy a socket extender, some incandescent bulbs with
vintage-styled envelopes and filament configurations. Was tempted to
grab a couple, but don't know what I would do with them.) But before
you think I'm a fluorescent hater, I still have an old Dazor desk lamp
with some full-spectrum tubes in it that I still use as, well, a desk
lamp... That old magnetic ballast is kind of loud, but because I'm a
sucker for vintage and it's a heavy, quality-made piece, I keep it
around. When it dies (if it does before I do) I'll look into
retrofitting an electronic ballast and reworking the switch appropriately...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel