Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Finally an alternative to incandescents?

On 04/26/2013 04:05 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Forgot to add... the really amusing thing about this bulb is the
packaging. Philips hits a home run with this product which will likely
primarily appeal to eco-weenies and people who actually geek out over
things like light bulbs... and yet the packaging is that awful heat
sealed clamshell plastic, and about 3x as large as it needs to be. I
can't imagine any packaging more annoying, or, here's the ironic bit,
less eco-friendly...

I don't mind opening them much anymore, as I immediately reach for the
razor knife to open them.

I do feel bad about returning an item, because if I return something I
like it to be in the same condition as when I purchased it, something
impossible to do with the HF-sealed clamshell packaging.

Jon