Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meters

On Friday, April 26, 2013 1:26:04 PM UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 26/04/2013 06:58, harry wrote:

On Apr 25, 11:56 pm, "Dave Liquorice"

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 21:29:25 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

The idea is to control smart appliances..

for instance you can smooth the peaks by turning off a few million

freezers and it won't affect the contents at all.

So how do you *actually* do that in a manner that the user can't easily

bypass?

And I doubt that turning freezers off would make that much difference

anyway they aren't running most of the time and when they are it's not

very much maybe 150 W per freezer. You'd probably get a better result

turning off large screen tellies.

The biggest electricity user in my house is indeed the TV (390w)

Are you using it for space heating?

Mine is 39 watts.

I'd say he has a 42" plasma ......at a guess a panasonic ;-)

my 28" sony CRT is 95W