Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Automatic line testing? Slightly long but a simple question atthe end.

On 26/04/2013 04:50, alan wrote:
On 25/04/2013 22:21, newshound wrote:

Thanks, that looks like *exactly* what I want. The RouterTec link
suggested elsewhere is obviously a mine of information too, probably a
bit more than I need!

Another vote for Router Stats lite, which is run on your PC continually
logging sync speed and line noise as reported by your router.
http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/betatesters.htm

I admit I havn't checked that out, but the JDAST is very easy to install
and set up, and that showed three times overnight where the upload test
timed out from no response, while the downloads were going (sort of) OK.