Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dish TV

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:21:52 -0400, cj wrote:

I am considering switching from cable (charter) to Dish TV and I have a
few questions...since my house is already wired for cable the only new
cable would be from the dish on my roof to a new cable box in the
house?? Also I have 4 tv's in my home but only one cable box, the other
tv's are hooked up to a cable connection on the back of the tv..( no
cable box) but I can still watch tv, albeit limited channels. Will I
still be able to watch tv without a cable box? I will have a DVR
supplied by the dish provider, but only on one tv.

Thanks, cj

You will need a box for each TV. You may want to consider DirecTV
too. In fact, if you got that way I can give you my account number and
we both save $100.

I do save a few bucks with DirecTV and it has more HD channels and
more of the ones I watch. They have a new DVR that can record 5 shows
at once and you can watch them on any TV in the house.

IMO, they are all over priced, but I've been very happy with DTV for a
few years now. Our cable company really sucked.