Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Adding neutral/ground bar to Siemens S2020B1100 panel

wrote:
On Apr 25, 10:27 am, "TomR" wrote:
I have a Siemens 100-amp main panel (Catalog #: S2020B1100), and it
only has
one neutral/ground bar. The neutral/ground bar is on the right side
of the
panel.

I am trying to figure out if I can add another neutral/ground bar on
the
left side and, if so, how to do that.

The information about Siemens service panels is located
at:
http://www.hqs.sbt.siemens.com/gip/g...ets/US/SIILV/S....

This panel is a Siemens "ES" Series Load Center, and it has 20
circuits. On
page 3 of the above online guide it says, "Single sided neutral on 24
circuits and below". So that explains why the panel that I have only
has
one neutral bar installed.

My question again is, can I add another neutral/ground bar on the
left side
and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks.

Is it just that you want a neutral/ground bus on the other
side for convenience or is it that you've run out of terminals?

It's a little of both. For convenience, I would like to be able to have a
neutral/ground bus on the other side if possible. But, it also looks like I
am going to run out of available terminals on the existing ground/neutral
bar.

If it's the latter, the product guide has a ECGB14, which is a ground
bar
that can be installed in that panel. So, one way to do it would
be to add that ground bar, move some of the ground wires
from the existing neutral/ground bus to it, thereby freeing up
other terminals for more neutrals.

That's a good suggestion, and maybe I'll end up doing that if that becomes
my only option.

If you just want another neutral/ground bus on the other side,
not sure if you can do that and be code compliant.

Okay, thanks.