Posted to alt.home.repair

Default doorbell - is LED avail

On 04/24/2013 09:38 PM, gregz wrote:

[snip]

The Xmas lights might not ever go reverse current because I'm pretty sure
it's higher than forward voltage to conduct. I don't like the look of
blinkys. A bridge rectifier would double the frequency.

Greg

Maybe not.

AFAIK, the reverse threshold (voltage that must be reached for a diode
to conduct) is usually higher (AFAIK) than the forward voltage.

If there is ever any reverse current, it'll be too small to be concerned
about.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Jesus loves the little zygotes All the zygotes in the world Jesus gives
them birth defects Missing fingers, crooked necks Jesus loves the little
zygotes of the world" [Frank Zindler]